- Any operators who may be expected to respond to an emergency spill
- Managers, Security Staff
- Spill Team Leaders
Incidents occurring within any workplace environment can quickly go wrong because of the lack of experience and training of staff. This course concentrates on interactive discussions with the spill team to create and implement an emergency spill procedure.
During this course, delegates will learn:
- A basic understanding of spill response
- About the fines associated with pollution incidents
- About the different types and colours of spill material
- How to raise the alarm in the event of a spill incident
- What the initial response should be to a spill incident
- The importance of Identifying the liquid spilt and understand the importance of correct PPE selection
(S-Craft do not specify PPE, when dealing with potential chemicals spills we recommend that an internal risk assessment is carried out to ensure that the correct PPE and RPE is located either within the kit or nearby).
- How to deploy Drain protection equipment
- About different containment measures
- How to use different types of absorbents
- The spill clean-up procedure
- About the importance of incident reporting and spill kit replenishment
Who should attend
Benefits to your business
- Improved response to Incidents and Emergencies
- Improved communication skills
- A co-ordinated emergency spill procedure
- Correct use and selection of spill response products
Where is the course located?
We come to you onsite.
Courses are limited to 10 delegates per session. Extra delegates can be added upon request.
– Overnight allowance if required is £150.00
– Mileage is charged at £0.55 / mile
Certification will be provided to confirm attendance
Equipment used for spill scenarios will be the spill kit inventory on site, unless
pre‐arranged for us to supply.
Our site looks so much better. We are more than happy with the service you are providing, in fact, it’s been exceptional!
Friendly staff, good communication. Can be trusted to move safely through high-risk areas. Very safety-conscious staff who provide good communication; a pleasure to deal with
The bespoke spill management solution that Spillcraft came up with was excellent, including the training they gave us; I’d have no hesitation in recommending them…