- Members of the designated spill team
- Any member of staff who may be asked to use your spill response inventory
- Spill Team Leaders
- Persons likely to be involved in directing the spill team response
Spill Kit Training 2SK is a lively and interesting course, which is designed to fill both the needs of ISO14001 accreditation and legislation compliance. The main objective of this course is to ensure that those designated to respond to an incident and use the site spill kit know what to do
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand what their initial response to an incident should be
- Understand the contents of your onsite spill kit and how to use it
- Apply the principles of Dynamic Risk Assessment
- Understand what PPE is required for handling the likely spills on site
- Apply an appropriate first response to spills on site
- Raising the alarm, invocation, escalation and trigger points
- Chemical Inventory Review – Hazards, PPE, RPE Considerations
- Practical Review and use of your Spill Response Inventory. ( using your onsite spill kit)
- Planning your response ( walk through exercise) Health and Safety around a spill
- Live Play Handling Hazardous Spills ‐ Do’s & Don’ts‐ PPE
- First Response Objectives ‐ ICE Objectives
- COSHH Data sheet interpretation.
- 20 Question Multiple Choice Test
EQUIPMENT AND ROOM REQUIREMENTS
- Data Projector
- Blackboard or Chalkboard , Conference Table & Chairs
REQUIREMENTS FOR PRACTICAL LIVE PLAY EXERCISES
- Container containing clean water (Min 50 Litres) or as agreed pre course
- Suitable hard standing away from traffic movements
- Each delegate taking part in this exercise should have his own set of PPE which is dedicated for use in spill response.
- PPE supplied should be appropriate for the onsite chemical inventory that delegates are likely to encounter.
Delegates will be provided with worksheets but should bring their own writing materials. During Live Play it is likely that some of the Spill Kit inventory will be used.
Who should attend
Benefits to your business
- Improved response to Incidents and Emergencies
- Correct use and selection of spill response products
- Peace of Mind that you have covered the minimum legislative training requirements
- Due diligence
- Integration of health, safety and environmental systems
Where is the course located?
We come to you onsite.
Pre Course Questionnaire to be completed by Client minimum of one week prior to the course being completed. Live Play Risk Assessment to be completed and signed off by Client prior to course commencing
COURSE STRUCTURE AND METHODOLOGY
A program of distinct elements, including practical role play exercises, based on your site conditions, chemical inventory, Spill Kit resource, and PPE and RPE requirement.
Maximum of 10 delegates
– Additional delegates, up to a maximum of 20, will be at a reduced rate of
£75.00 per delegate..
– Overnight allowance if required is £150.00
– Mileage is charged at £0.55 / mile
– Certification is provided upon successful completion
– 50% of the course fee is required with the company order.
Our site looks so much better. We are more than happy with the service you are providing, in fact, it’s been exceptional!
Friendly staff, good communication. Can be trusted to move safely through high-risk areas. Very safety-conscious staff who provide good communication; a pleasure to deal with
The bespoke spill management solution that Spillcraft came up with was excellent, including the training they gave us; I’d have no hesitation in recommending them…